Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Following a PM between RR and me

Message follows:
The mission goals are rubbish

Here is my mission goal in FOTRS
Run to the South China Sea and sink stuff

In TMO
Proceed to area Abuse and engage in anti shipping operations within the designated area in the East China Sea for 5 days. Stay within 96nm. If you detect any enemy units outside the patrol area captains autonomy to pursue and destroy

OK so I exaggerate - but you see my point?

FOTRSU patrol objectives are limp and uninspiring, to say the least
TMO patrol objectives are awesome, exciting, and immersive

That is my next thing I want to do

I am definitely going to be doing this for my own install - so would also be happy to share it for everyone if that is OK

Disclaimer
May take me a few weeks!!!

Message ends

Long story short, the TMO and RSRD patrol objectives are awesome, descriptive, and immersive

At the moment the FOTRS Patrol objectives are none of the above

Long ago Ducimus figured out how to put a circle on the nav map that delineated your patrol area
I had a look at the files when he did it, and remember being very impressed
For the life of me I cannot now figure out how he did it. But I am going to take a look and see if I can figure it out.

Plus - having descriptive and helpful patrol messages is just better - isn't it??

Just like the restore air contacts on the nav map mod, this can either be part of the core, or can be an optional extra

Either way - I am going to be doing it for my install, so will happily share it if anyone else wants a taste

EDIT - I realise I didn't actually say what I wanted to do
Which is take the patrol briefings from TMO and RSRD for flavour, and apply them to FOTRSU
That is the plan
And a fine plan that is. Automatically plotting the patrol circles would be something also that would go in the core mod.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote