View Single Post
Old 07-26-16, 10:15 AM   #913
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I left the URL link on the last one there, but if you go there, it's photobucket, and they've got more junk on their pages than even MediaFire, so be careful what you click on...
Neither Photobucket, nor MediaFire, nor that cauldron of simmering clickbait, Breitbart (how do they expect ANYONE to use their website? It's a minefield but a great testing grounds for countermeasures) is a bit of a problem.

Ad Muncher reduced all of them to usable websites. They might nag you about blocking ads but tough toenails. They asked for it.

I bought Ad Muncher back in the day when I was a moderator for some Yahoo Groups. Yahoo has been rotten to the core for fifteen years, just a site so full of advertising that you couldn't do business. After Ad Muncher it was just another normal site.

The beauty of Ad Muncher is first it's free now. But it doesn't filter stuff for your browser. It filters stuff for your COMPUTER. Every single program on your computer that uses the Internet is protected by Ad Muncher automatically. So if you use more than one browser you're covered. If you use an advertising infected application ZAP!

It's so bad that I was on RC Groups and people complained about invasive ads. I had no idea that they were there. Had to temporarily deactivate Ad Muncher (a single checkbox toggle in the app) to see what they were talking about.

Instead of seeing the ad you can see the text of your choice or a text link to the ad like [Ad: The newest naval sim by Totel...] I'm looking at here on Subsim. I win!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote