Old 07-15-16, 02:03 AM   #705
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Have unilaterally decided what I am going to do

I remember RR telling somebody once (may have been Ducimus?), make the mod that you want to play

If others want to play it - that is a bonus
(I may be paraphrasing here)

Seeing as my mod is an optional extra, rather than part of the base core, I have decided to follow his wise advice

In Razzle Dazzle I had 6 skins per ship
I now really want to add the blue/grey as an extra, but to balance up the roster have decided to add another green dazzle
So we end up with 8 skins per ship

I have no hard facts to back this up but it feels right to me

I know I said it last night - but I am going to repeat myself
Tonight was an absolute pleasure
Rather than force myself to load up textures - and give up after two skins - because I was struggling with software I hate - I put some Gillian Welch on the stereo, opened a few beers and just got on with it. It was very relaxing - more fun than I ever had doing the original Razzle Dazzle
I actually really enjoyed myself
Decent software makes such a difference

Final news for today - I will have a provisional partial release ready for the weekend - probably Saturday

It will only cover the Tankers, Troop Transports and replenishment ships.

But I figure - let's test this as we are going along - rather than wait until I have done the whole thing

Nothing major to look out for - but whilst making this I have seen a few ships in the museum appear with no texture at all!
Which is because I made typos in the roster files
I fixed the ones I saw - but there may be others
Hi Max.

I hope the ships you're referring to are the Dutch Flower corvette and the German Z Class destroyer. They are the ones who appear black with no texture. I proposed earlier in this thread a visit to your Beauty Salon.

Your mod gives unbelievable beauty to an already beautiful mod. This is a great accomplishment if you ask me. Being an optional extra, does not make it a "second class" mod. The whole FOTRS Ultimate Project is RR's child, based on optional, user enabled mods, as both our mods will be. That's its groundbreaking difference with other supermods.

If someone does not like your ships, he can have the original FOTRS ones with a mouse click. Also, if he doesn't like the Maya not blowing up from a single torpedo, it's his choice.

I followed Werner Sobe's Natural Sinking Mechanics mod from its first release. He was forced to introduce arcade keel shots after many user complaints that his ships were sinking too slowly. That is a BIG mistake in my opinion, a mistake that there's no chance I will make. That's where Double R's words are wise.

Follow your heart and make what YOU think is good. The end user will decide how really good it is. He has a choice.

Billy.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote