Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-14-16, 09:53 PM   #702
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I'm heading out of town for a couple of days. Wanted to tell you guys I've been going through the Museum and working on getting the ships in order. I think I have fixed the sound levels with the assets, making them more level with each other. Cut back the plane engines, increased the merchants and the like.

I've noticed many of the ships in their Roster/Sea/NationsName/NSS_Whatever.cfg don't have Normal Maps, or their Light Maps listed??? I'm not sure what to make of that? The assets seem to show relative well in the Museum....couple of issues like the German BB's reflection and the DD ZClass going black.

But......I but a test mod together with the New Jersey (the one that didn't show its 16" guns in the Museum at first), in the test, it too is not showing its texture (shows black) even though its guns are fine. I don't get it.....yet.

I'm thinking the .dat file of these ships may contain the Normal and Light Maps since didn't most, if not all of these, come from the Fotrs 2.0 (an sh4 v1.4 mod)? I'm just wondering if there's something wrong with this kind of importing or is it just a fluke that the New Jersey shows ok in the Museum, but not so well when its put into a mission?

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote