Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-14-16, 02:40 PM   #694
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Just thinking aloud here - but if anyone wants to pitch in any comments would be appreciated

I have found myself a little unsatisfied with the plain grey skins I have been doing
As I was so impressed with Maddy's new destroyer skins, I tried the blue/grey colour he chose for the hull of his new DD models, gives it a bit of something I feel my neutral grey might be missing

Check it out

I feel it gives it a bit of contrast that the flat grey model is lacking in
Then again - the flat grey non contrast may be just what they were aiming for - makes you less of a target

I am sure I read somewhere that the IJN started using the blue/grey paint, but cannot find any references to non IJN units using this colour
Then again - and especially with shortages as the war dragged on - maybe the ships just got painted with whatever happened to be in the shipyard at the time?

How do people feel about me using the blue/grey instead of the flat neutral grey for the hull?

Or - I could make two grey options - one flat neutral, the other blue grey?

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote