View Single Post
Old 07-09-16, 07:12 AM   #589
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly
My work so far was made using the v1.3 ships. Implementing the v2.0 ships requires me to repeat the modding process. And the whole testing of course. That will take some time.
Speaking of testing......make sure you have the .05Alpha "Activated" into the stock game files before going to the Mission Editor to make new test missions. Your old missions (even with ships that are the same) will not work as intended without making a new test with the mod added. In my optical test missions, I had to "change out" my Porpoise sub with a new one, just to get the game to not CTD when I wanted to dive. Once I replaced the old FOTRS v1.3 Porpoise with the one from the .05Alpha (and the other ships as well) I was good.

AND, this could be a warning about making any mission for future use. Using the modded ships from whatever source we are using (meaning the mods we have "Activated") SHOULD produce a good mission in-game. Change the mod list, all bets are off when it comes to having the same mission work as expected. As an example, I always wondered about the stock "Submarine School" missions. Some of the content within them seemed to not work as expected when you played them. I forget what it was, but there seemed to be differences with how things worked (or didn't work) when playing them, compared to playing a Campaign game. It seemed the Sub School was made at a different time other than making it with the finished product.

It just might be good to wait on even my additions before making a test mission......my changes might make a difference too.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 07-09-16 at 07:29 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote