XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Really looking forward to it

This reminds me of the heady days of Werner Sobes Natural Sinking Mechanics
I have just googled his original release thread.
Good God - was that really 9 years ago?!

I remember when he was developing that with every new release I would go to a single mission with loads of stationary ships, and spend hour after hour just watching ships sink, in many different ways

I think we both have a ship sinking fetish

looking forward to your results.
And if you need a tester to help you blow stuff up, I am first in line, just let me know

If you need any more help, please let me know mate
Thank you for your offer and nice words Max.

My job right now is to test all the ships and identify the faulty ones for the team to decide what are we going to do about them. Since deleting them is the last option, that nobody wants, maybe you, with your great texturing skills can help save them.

Werner Sobe's diamond mod has no equal in SH4. I'm not trying to replicate his work. To be really honest, I tried this first, but the way ship compartments are implemented into the ships themselves, requires modding skills that I have in my dreams only. In simple words, it all sounds Greek to me!

I'm using a different approach, working with the default ship compartments, but heavily modding other sectors of the ships. The results are not bad at all, but I'm a little behind here. My work so far was made using the v1.3 ships. Implementing the v2.0 ships requires me to repeat the modding process. And the whole testing of course. That will take some time.

When I'll be satisfied with the results, I'll release a Beta for team testing and rig for depth charging.

I love sinking ships. I'm really having fun making this, despite the constant .

Cheers,
Billy.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote