Old 07-03-16, 10:13 AM   #8
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjim View Post
Sailor Steve,

I can't imagine having time to play all the games. Appreciate your input.
Why do you prefer SH3. What aspect(s) appeal most?
It suits my personal preferences. Back when I played SH1 all the time, I got into the habit of running a career out of each available command at the same time. This meant that I would alternate between patrols in an 'S' Boat and a Salmon/Sargo class, switching to a Gato when the time came.

I didn't discover Aces Of The Deep until later. That game has you start your u-boat career in a Type II, then offers to upgrade you to a Type VII or IX as you progress. I would take the offer, or not, until I had a career going in each type of boat.

With SH3 I do the same. I currently have a career in a Type II, Type VIIa, Type VIIb and Type IX going on at the same time, alternating between types according to the date of each career. I can do that with SH4 and Op Monsun, but SH5 won't let me have a Type II or Type IX. Also, while eye candy isn't my main deciding factor, I do like travelling in and out of the harbors and down the canals, and LSH3 (and thanks to a mod GWX) lets me have the locks on the canals and harbors that had them in real life. SH4 and SH5 won't do that.

As I said, it's all personal reasons and I won't criticize anyone for preferring a different style.