View Single Post
Old 07-03-16, 02:43 AM   #23
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
My Gold Edition is a dvd from Amazon that I got on sale for $10US.

The Download is available from Amazon.com, but its $20. I may wait for it to go on sale, and download a whole new copy.

If you're not getting out of the install, have you tried setting the install program to "Compatiblity" mode? Failing there:.

Tried that in several different compatibilities. No luck.

SubSim here has a shop with links to Amazon that help support the site, if you buy through them.

The 2012 edition of the Gold SH4 (with U-Boats) 'may' install without a hassle. I've already tried installing a new download of SH4 v1.3, which installed and worked perfectly. Then . . . I tried to update the game to v1.5 (U-Boats) and MUCKED UP the whole ball of wax.

I know a lot of folks don't like Steam, . . .

Never used Steam, so I don't know. I DO know that the double-download won't work since the U-Boats update is a much earlier release (same date as mine).

but they're having their Steam Summer Sale, and you can't argue with $5US each. That'd be $10US, if you want both WotP and Uboats. They don't sell a Gold Edition. You do have to learn how to manage the Steam installs, since they want you to install all Steam games in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\… by default, but it's easy enough & has been mentioned in other posts. It might be that you could get by with just buying Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, and then use the Uboat add on you already have.

See above. Won't work for me.

I actually like the option of being able to use my "plain" v1.4 SH4 that I originally got, and I do quite a bit of experimentation in it. But most of my time is spent in v1.5. Hope you get this resolved.
I really like the great environments with Trigger Maru, and the realistic shipping you get with RSRDC. Hard to go back to v1.3 (which does work, just doesn't look as nice). Never leave port without them.