Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
... I just got 'The Sound' by doing the following

Got a fast radar contact (Aircraft)
Crash dived, levelled out to 110ft, set ahead 1/3
Waited till the diveplanes were level
Then upped the TC to 512 for two hours
As soon as I reduced TC to 1, 'The Sound' started
It's very relevant, and will be for a while. The crash dive sequence is what does it, I think. Just my opinion, but:

---->> Submarine_CrashDive_INT.wav <<----

is the culprit. Either it is too long, or there's something wrong with the file. The last "syllable" of the bell sound is what makes "The Sound". Why it plays like that, I haven't figured out. All I know is that by cutting the length of the file in about half, and pasting a couple of the "stock" version's file of the same name (with some "stereo tweaking") on the end to "hide" the "cut" in the FotRS file, and I haven't encountered "The Sound" - yet, fingers crossed, knocking on my noggin for wood, etc...

We need a new file. What I did is just a test bandaid, and doesn't sound correct. We also want to eliminate that "secure the diesels", "electric motors online", "ahead two thirds", etc. kind of stuff, that does not fit the situation, unless you initiate the crash dive from the surface, and just happen to hit the telegraph for an "ahead two thirds" call, 'cause the speed of the boat won't change to ahead two thirds unless you do... Any votes for a replacement?...

As a side note on that, the "ChE_K_Torpedo_impact.ogg" and the similarly named version of "ChE_P..." files are the "hit - We HIT her, We HIT her -cheers- Quiet!" sequence. They are in all 9 Speech folders. There is a "ChE_S..." version in all 9 folders also, and that sounds like a "stock" file set. Anyone have a better sounding "Torpedo_Impact" candidate file?...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote