View Single Post
Old 06-29-16, 03:09 AM   #540
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

welp, I can't believe it but I fired it up and set my resolution to 4K and it just worked. Did a quick mission and lost hopelessly to an onslaught of destroyers while struggling to remember how torpedoes actually work. Even without manual targeting I didn't manage to hit anything, lol. I have completely forgotten how the stadimeter, range finder, etc settings all work. It's in my memory banks somewhere I'm sure. Just very fuzzy. I'm old now. haha

4K resolution seemed fine. Battlestations command seemed fine. To the earlier poster having trouble with that, I'd suggest checking your JSGME to ensure you've removed all mods and are really running stock. If you're in TMO then you need to use a different shSpeech bat file to call a different set of CSVs since TMO moves around a lot of the command bar buttons for some reason.

I noticed that sometimes shutting it down crashes the MS Speech Engine. It seems that to get a clean run, you have to shut down the speech widget at the top of the screen, relaunch shSpeech, and when the widget appears it'll be set to "Off" and you have to click the little microphone, at which point it'll be listening. A nice touch is that if you speak an unrecognized command, you'll hear a little tone, which of course is hard to hear with shells going off all around you everywhere lol. I forgot how much fun this is. The sheer panic, screaming commands, even when it doesn't work, it's kind of realistic as there are explosions going off and maybe your crew didn't hear you. It's nice when they do and immediately acknowledge you.