View Single Post
Old 06-26-16, 08:41 AM   #1619
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

26th June 1916

Western Front

Battle of Verdun: French gain near Thiaumont work.

British patrols active.

Asiatic and Egyptian Theatres

Russians advance west in northern Persia.

Turks prepare to leave Mosul.

Turks driven from Lake Urmia (Persia).

Political, etc.

General demobilisation ordered in Greece.

Germans threaten to stop Swiss coal supply if their cotton purchases are not delivered.

President Wilson rejects a proposal by Latin American diplomats who offered to mediate between the U.S. and Mexico to avoid war.

Frankford Arsenal in Philadelphia announces it is producing gas bombs, incendiary bombs, and grenades for the U.S. Army.

Australian William Jackson awarded the Victoria Cross for his actions in a raid near Armentières, France.

Irish nationalist Roger Casement go on trial for treason. He had been smuggled into Ireland by Germany. He has been stripped of his knighthood.

Ship Losses:

Astrologer (United Kingdom) The coaster struck a mine laid by UC 1 (Kurt Ramien) and sank in the North Sea 5 nautical miles (9.3 km) south south east of Lowestoft, Suffolk with the loss of eleven of her crew.
HMT Tugela (Royal Navy) The naval trawler struck a mine laid by UC 1 (Kurt Ramien) and sank in the North Sea off Lowestoft with the loss of nine of her crew.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote