View Single Post
Old 06-22-16, 11:00 AM   #285
captnmike
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Our mod will be for 1.5, not 1.4. However you can download FOTRS 2.0 in the subsim download area and THAT will work for 1.4. The only problem with that is that it's a German language deal.

It's not really that much of a problem. You can't read what your mission is but you can find where it is by using the nav map. I'm dealing with the German in the Alpha right now and it's not an insurmountable problem.

And our Alpha edition, although it wouldn't work for you, is a closed group evaluation thing right now, not open for general release. We have aspects of the core mod that aren't ready yet and we won't release anything until it's playable to our satisfaction. I believe that FOTRS is not as popular as TMO and RFB because version 1.1 was released way too early. The glitches in that release caused lots of players to cross FOTRS off their consideration list.

We aim to make FOTRS as popular as any other mod in the history of the game by having great quality right out of the gate (not a problem as FOTRS 1.3 and 2.0 are already great quality) and presenting the AOTD's best and latest work for the SH4 v1.5 community.

THEN we are adding our own masterstroke to Silent Hunter 4: a collection of guaranteed FOTRS Ultimate compatible plugin mods so players can choose AI level, keyboard layout, interior layout, merchant paint schemes, plotting schemes......the list goes on. This will be the first "player roll your own" supermod, where players are in charge of how their game plays.
To Rockin Robbins and all you other Captn's working on this project, I for one am waiting patiently for the FOTRS ULTIMATE to be released because I think FOTRS 1.3 is my favorite MOD of them all for (SH4 v1.5)!!
Good Hunting
captnmike :-)