View Single Post
Old 06-22-16, 04:44 AM   #278
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Yeah, that sound is much too polite to be "The Sound", sorry... While irritating, and it might make you wonder if someone in the crew has it in for you, trying to give your position away, "The Sound" is very memorable. I posted a link to a movie clip of mine in an earlier post. I'll have to find that. It's on photobucket. No vid, just the sound in an mp4 file.

My dual-core cannot handle v0.02 alpha. 2 gig of ram & a 2.6ghz intell cpu can't handle it. Gotta use the newer computer. I've come up with thoughts to share (SNL skit??), but I'm too tired. Maybe tomorrow. Looking into the fan noise, among other suspects for "The Noise". Later
Now, this is very strange... I play your vid there Rockin Robbins, on my other computer, and lo and behold, you DO indeed have "The Sound" playing in there. I do apologize profusely for belittling what you had. |;^) ... The "click" sound is louder on yours though... Why can I NOT hear "The Sound" on my other computer? I've been "testing" with it too, so how many journeys throught the land (sea) of FotRS have I taken where I *did* have "The Sound", but just didn't hear it on that particular computer? This upsets me...

I've also been unable to find any "fan" sound CapnScurvy. I'm wondering about making some wav file, naming it that, and putting it in the sound folder, if it would be audible. Maybe I'll start with something like a snippet of spoken words that stick out, so that I know it's there... later.

I do have another question though Rockin Robbins: Did you have the "new" versions of the "Creak" files in your Sound folder?...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote