View Single Post
Old 06-21-16, 03:37 PM   #269
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I suspect a ship or boat missing, or something modified for use, to where they got CTDs regularly. You can get CTDs rather easily with a US boat if you enable the full FotRSv2 in SH4v1.5, shoot a torp at a ship, and then try to follow it in with the free camera. Just about a hundred yards out, "This program has performed an illegal operation and has been terminated..." I've gotten them under all sorts of circumstances, including the German side. Not every time (if I'm remembering correctly), but I've used several missions and will get one all too often. Nothing like "rushing" to get into position for a solid hour, have a nice shot, only to have the game crash, even if it is just a test run of the game. I don't get that with what we have in the alpha thus far...

The first time I opened up the Alpha mod and started a career on the first patrol when using the free camera to watch the torpedoes hit the merchant I aimed at, as soon as the torpedoes hit the whole game froze. It was only this one time, I've not had it happen again sofar.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote