Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-21-16, 11:35 AM   #261
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
But the stopwatch for FOTRS is another abomination. Who thought that the minutes hand on the top small dial should be dark blue and pretty difficult to read? Should be white. And the same for the even worse black hand on the seconds dial on the bottom! Also should be white. Could we fix that for the core mod?
Yes I noticed that as well. The differences between the stock game menu_1024_768 and FOTRS v1.3, is very small. BUT, their messing with the stop watch was a large part of the differences!? I think the hands can be changed in color...I'll look into it.

Quote:
....at any rate, keyboard layouts are already solved.

However, if you're just talking about making the built-in FOTRS keyboard layout work, we'll meld your keyboard mod into the core mod.
I've made a different layout than the FOTRS key board layout (couldn't figure out what they were trying to do?). Seems there are a couple of us working on the same thing.

With my interiors your getting a radio room. This room will need to have a keyboard command to go to its free camera, much like the command and conning rooms do. Sorry not to post all the upgrades but I'm still working on it. It's no small undertaking since SH4 v1.5 has both American and German sides "joined at the hip" with things like periscope views, or key board commands.

Which brings me to a question. The ReadMe for FOTRS states the mod makes the German side unplayable. What did they do? Pull out stock parts to the German side? I've had to run tests on the optics over on the German side...with no trouble. So what exactly are they referring to? My suspicion is they didn't modify anything on their side, yet the stock game will still work as intended. Or, has anyone seen something different?

================

Quote:
Another issue:

The menu. I'm working on it now and will have an update in just a bit.
Well wouldn't you know. I've done the same.

My reason to doing it is because of the various highlights one makes when moussing over the interiors. Like the gauges, or door ways that lead to another room. Maybe a map, or clipboard left on a desk will take you to the Weather Report, or Crew Management page. Having a description of what the mouse will do when left clicked, comes from the menu.txt file.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 06-21-16 at 12:03 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote