View Single Post
Old 06-14-16, 11:00 AM   #18
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkySWE View Post
I installed 1.3 and for some reason the preformens dropped like a stone.
My computer isnt a beast by any means but with FOTRS 1.2 worked well.

Grand convoys where no problem but now it tanks as even single ship is in the vicinity.
Help, because i really like 1.3 so far
Ok, listen up.
First, open your graphics card configuration utility. Check that the antialising and anisotropic filtering options are not at maximum. Put them on minimum for now, you can change them anytime.

Then run the game with SH4.EXE, not the GU.EXE that the program uses by default. It's best to create a shortcut for SH4.EXE and run the game from now on using only that.
When you're at the game's main menu, open the graphics options menu. The real FPS killers here are the particles density slider on your left, and the volumetric fog button on your right.
Move the particle density slider all the way to the left and uncheck the volumetric fog button.
Check how it runs now. That should give your PC a FPS boost.
If you're still having trouble, drag the terrain objects density and LOD size sliders all the way to the left. Uncheck the environmental effects and post process filters buttons.
I think you must be all right now.
Hell, even my wife's 1.6 GHz old Athlon runs the game fine with these options disabled..

Hope this helps,
Billy.

Edit: Hope I made myself understood. My English is not what it used to be 30 years ago...
You can search for further SH4 optimization threads, I'm sure you'll find a solution.

Last edited by XTBilly; 06-14-16 at 11:11 AM.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote