View Single Post
Old 06-07-16, 07:35 AM   #109
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7
Well, Capt, you would certainly know about those things more then I would.
Not really!!

The real test to any modification is what the game will do during play. There are so many variables that come into the calculations, that testing is the best proof of getting the expected results. I don't want to sound like I know what a mod will do without testing it.....I've never tested Webster's Ship Maneuvering Fix. I do know that the stock game has the ships sitting fairly well, with the Gravity Center calculated for the possible wind conditions. Yet, its the stock game that has the jack rabbit like performance.

I pointed out that I witnessed a ship with its Gravity Center off from stock so much (this time I don't remember who's mod it was I was working with), that in calm winds it just began to rock back and forth to the point of capsizing within 5 minutes. Not a result anyone wants.

==============

XTBilly, looks like your doing a fantastic job with the damage model!! Another modification that requires a lot of testing to get right.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote