View Single Post
Old 05-26-16, 05:37 AM   #1550
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

26th May 1916

Western Front

Battle of Verdun: French regain part of Cumieres trench between Haudromont Wood and Thaumont Farm: repulse Germans between Avocourt Wood and Mort Homme.

Southern Front

Austrians capture Monte Civaron (Trentino).

Bulgaro-Germans occupy Fort Repel (Greek Macedonia), Greek Government acquiescing.

Political, etc.

Prime Minister Asquith appoints Lloyd George to negotiate for Home Rule in Ireland.

U.S. government protests to the French and British governments over the seizures of mail on the high seas.

New York City Police seize 7 German notes written in code and bearing the stamp of the German Embassy.

Germany establishes a new office to censor phonograph records that are being sent out of the country.

Ship Losses:

Denewood (United Kingdom) The cargo ship struck a mine laid by UC 3 (Günther Kreysern) and sank in the North Sea off Aldeburgh, Suffolk (52°13′25″N 1°47′00″E). Her crew survived.
El Argentino (United Kingdom) The cargo ship struck a mine laid by UC 1 (Kurt Ramien) and sank in the North Sea 7 nautical miles (13 km) south east by south of Southwold, Suffolk (52°12′45″N 1°49′10″E). Her crew survived.
Volharding (Belgium) The barge was scuttled in the North Sea north of the Noord Hinder Lightship ( Netherlands) by SM UC-6 ( Kaiserliche Marine).
Evaristus (Belgium) The barge (GRT 130 tons) was sunk by a German submarine 18 miles off Nordhinder LV lighter. There are no further details.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote