View Single Post
Old 04-22-06, 03:04 PM   #18
MaHuJa
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

I don't know about joint operations, but I do know that bungling ofp in with the bf series is something of a mistake - the pace is sooo different.

Ofp is indeed most realistic as an infantry simulator, but it has the full range of vehicles that make the infantry "position" what it is, including tanks and gunships and fixed-wing aircraft. The big clue is that there isn't anything the ai can do that the player cannot.

It won't hold up to steel beasts in realism for tank crews. The A-10 is far more realistic in Lock-on - but as far as the combined battlespace goes, OFP was (and perhaps still is) the most realistic.

I do know that VBS, an offshoot of sorts, is used as a military trainer.
(Kinda like Steel Beasts Pro)

Quote:
Ok, then my world stops at the doorstep of games my computer is too slow to run.
Requirements (recommended)
Pentium2/400 (3/600)
64Mb RAM (128)
3d graphics card with 16Mb (32) ram, 8 if using Voodoo2 (Does anyone know the release year for the voodoo2? Friggin ancient!)

Not to mention all the addons, like what's probably my favourite, Unified Artillery.

Armed assault, kinda "halfway to the sequel" (which won't be ofp2, by the way) is supposed to be released later this year. Much prettier, and the viewdistances are WOW in comparison to ofp.

So LW, consider getting OFP now and let ArmA be the one on the when-I-get-a-new-computer wishlist.

Teaching DW newbies how to climb the food chain.
MaHuJa is offline   Reply With Quote