Thread: [WIP] Day of Infamy
View Single Post
Old 04-22-16, 08:11 AM   #220
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Thanks for the responses men.

I can't emphasize enough the idea of pushing away from the computer and letting real life activates fill most of your day. Frankly, I don't know how young programmers (or anyone stuck at a desk) do it?! Being young must help, but this sedimentary life style will eventually catch up with you. It effects all walks of life.......over the road truckers lead the way with strokes due to sitting for hours at the wheel.

Although I was always active while working outdoors during my life. When I retired I picked up modding that kept me sitting for ever longer periods of time. Not good for an old man when you notice your ankles swelling due to the inactivity! On the day of my TIA I had already been sitting for about 7 hours trying to figure out things when the event occurred. I was very lucky to recover completely.

Get up and out, letting the real world fill your days!! Although gaming has always been a passion of mine, I've seen the alternative........its not what you would wish for.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote