View Single Post
Old 04-09-16, 05:10 PM   #4790
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I learned from my experience that gamesaves will become corrupted in situations when certain "bugged" units are present in the area, like damaged or more likely destroyed unit which doesn't want to sink (not always but sometimes) and especially over spawned airplanes bug (this one will corrupt gamesave for sure).

This bug can be recognized by sudden excessive game lag and FPS drop some time after convoy engagement and player can also spot in the area large airplanes formations with 10-20 airplanes or more. It can look impressive but saving game near these formations will most likely brake the gamesave.
I think I have found functional solution for occasional corrupted game saves due to airplanes overspawn and probably other bugs in players rendering area...

Namely, one only have to delete "Special.txt" file from the gamesave folder (...Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\0000000*). The corrupted gamesave will become functional again...

It seems that this file contains data about current situation in players rendering area and if the game is saved in the "wrong moment", the file will become corrupted.
By deleting it, all bugged units will be removed and player will be able to continue campaign...

Last edited by vdr1981; 04-09-16 at 06:32 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote