View Single Post
Old 03-22-16, 01:08 AM   #154
CaptainRamius
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
HEY NUTHIN GOOD GOES OUTTA STYLE-AS DISCUSSED 8/3/15 IN THE BILGE @ CaptainRamius: Naturally as a new volunteer aboard the bilge's U-REEKHA U R assigned thalamitai — lower bank duties alongside Eichhörnchen! However, if U have a tambourine, we'll let you keep time (1 auletes — a musician supplying the oar timing with his flute)...critical when hitting 9 knots with 170 rowers! and doing 180's in 2.5 lengths Naturally Bertieck, AVGWarhawk and I will be assigned sail-handling duty....occasionally manning a 'stool' rowing position for ramming; C'mon at my age I need a decent chair! We of the Bilge remember Salamis, Actium & Lepanto ;all hard rowing turning points of history: and ramming allowed; Catapults, cannon, and archers if you must! [/I][/URL] <ATHLIT PROW
Of course I'll serve a good Cabernet with stew for all hands...It wasn't called the Wine Dark Sea fer nuthin! Where Rams are concerned-Rule 1: 'Tis' better to give than receive' lest you get yer 'ath-lit up"!!
Hey Aktung, keep in mind that this is a Beautiful Sailing Ships thread. The Bilge is that a way ---->
CaptainRamius is offline   Reply With Quote