View Single Post
Old 02-19-16, 01:02 PM   #4013
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Thank you once again gap for your resourceful answers.
My pleasure sir

Quote:
Right now I'm optimistic that it is actually possible to create one more playable units from submarine parts which are already implemented into the game, but I am not so sure that I alone will be able to do that. There is just too many files involved (especially upcge and upc files) and my understanding of those files is limited.
Yes, those files are a mess, but most of their settings are used to couple playable units with their equipments/armaments/functionalities, and are common to all the U-boat types featured in game (with the exception of conning towers and other type-specific upgrades). Unfortunately I am supposed to move again in East Africa in two weeks. Right now I can't commit myself to this new project of yours but I will keep an eye on the forum and, whenever you need for help, during my spare time I will try and support you as much as I can.

Quote:
I hope I wont be able to confirm your claim. For now it seems that nothing is "blocked" due to hardcode...
Fingers crossed

Quote:
My main issue is to set up correctly upc and upcge files. What I'm trying to do is to copy one already existing sub, edit one of them and to convince the game that those are actually two different units trough upcge, upc and cfg files. We'll see...
My suggestion is to use VII C files as base. Use winmerge for comparing them with their homologous files of other U-boat types. Leave alone common settings, and focus on groups of parameters changing from an u-boat type to the other, trying to understand what they do exactly.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote