Old 01-02-16, 07:05 PM   #3584
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecki Stafman View Post
Hi.
I am an absolute beginner of Silent Hunter and downloaded this Mod-Pack after someone recommend me to do this..
The problem is, that I need the "torpedo-fire" of the vanilla-mode.
Means, the torpedo shall fire in this sight I look. You know... When 3 is on 3, 2 is on 2, 1 is on 1, and the torpedo line etc.
Where can I configurate this "vanilla torpedo fire mode"?

I have to learn to shoot, but with beginning help
Welcome! I hope i will not be too OT, but i'll try to help
I never played vanilla SH5 as i've seen it at youtube and it was so bad for me, that i was never expecting to play it. But now with this awesome pack of mods - its really best SH i've ever played! (i was at SH4 with trigger maru modpack, but here are many things much more immersive)

So this is list of links i would like to have when i started with this before a month:

1) top priority! - first page of this forum - READ CAREFULLY "Tips for stable gameplay (important)" !! - This is really important info which could turn your experience from awful to really great. The game is very unstable just from ubisoft and it has many unsolved things, this contains workarounds how to avoid problems. When you start to feel what game does not like, you'll play maybe absolutely without any problems. - YES it's worth it!!!

2) Dont turn off features of this modpack - dont try to play without real navigation or without immersive torpedo settings, check YT tutorials from next point and enjoy max realism.
Believe me when i say that never can beat the feeling of success, when you hunt convoy with max realistic settings and you finally hear explosion in hydrophone!!!
... and it really works, everybody who use it already had to learn it and love it very much.

3) check these tutorials - it contains most of information about how to play this gem (and bevare, most of them has more parts):

U-boat navigation:
- most importantly will learn you how to navigate your ship with real navigation (first video without sound because of some copyright violance)
- how to get out of harbour very easy as real navigation does not allows you to use waypoints (in my opinion its even more easy than with waypoints)

Target engaging:
- is about how to get course of very distant ship or convoy just by what you hear at your hydrophone - which is your only chance how to intercept it from more than 30km distance - my favorite activity at u-boat
- about most effective optical targeting you'll have on your sub, i use only RAOBF and map when i target optically...
-
- - you'll see here its pretty easy

- My advice here is that you dont need to have exact position on map when you are targeting, because you dont target the ship against map position. You do it in relationship with your RELATIVE position to that ship. (You just need to know some point on map anywhere and write other info in relationship to that point to get success sollution)

- check more videos from stoianm1, i've never seen so nice collection of tutorials about moded sh5.

BTW: And again - dont try to cut anything from wolves of steel, the game will never be so awesome without any part of realism which this modpack contains
I've started before a month with some experience from SH4 trigger maru, but it had not real navigation and torpedos TDC like this version.
It was the main reason for me why i tried it at first..

Gutte jagt Hecki
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote