View Single Post
Old 12-21-15, 05:03 PM   #1600
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I meant my comment as a bit of wry observation. I don't know about where you may be, but here, in Los Angeles, and particularly Hollywood, where I live, the whole SW release has been bit a bit of a hassle. Aside from the near 24/7 media pounding of the SW drum, traffic in Hollywood has been awful starting about a week and a half before the premiere date. In addition to two major movie premieres held on Hollywood Blvd., there was the traditional, ceremonial gathering of the SW lemmings..er, um,..fans, who lined up starting about two weeks before the official premiere and release dates. The whole situation necessitated the closure of about a mile of Hollywood Blvd. and forced traffic off onto various side streets and avenues. The quiet little side streets became a bit more hazardous as drivers, frustrated and delayed by the traffic crunch, went speeding down those streets seeking to avoid the crush. All this because of a bunch of people who seem, otherwise, to have no real life...
Shoot. Glad I'm not caught up in that mix. Didn't realize that's what you were meaning.

I drove down to the discount theater where half the theater was full on the 18th to see it. Everybody goes to the big theater in the bigger town. You can see the same movie for four dollars less 30 minutes down the road.