View Single Post
Old 12-21-15, 06:09 AM   #623
Dan D
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Yes, what Beton said.

And I am going to use a new word now that I learned today which wil be of good use when I play "scrabble" next time: "Bevölkerungsvorausberechnungen" aka "population projections".

Those population projections which are made by the state offices together with the German Federal Statistical Offices forecast that the total population by 2050 will have fallen from 81 million down to 74 million people and this affects the age structure as well, there will be less and less children and even more older people. Statistics are always controversial, of course.

And with regard to what Beton said: "European countries need also be very liberal with deportation", this needs to be pointed out in this context.

No country can afford an uncontrolled mass immigration into its social security systems like e.g. old age insurance, otherwhise they would collapse.

Because of that, immigration law is really really very strict. Countries must be able to control migration movements.

An example: if you have come to Germany claiming to be a "refugee" and if then the immigration office rejects your claim because they feel that you are an economic migrant only (for EU citizens economic migration is wanted), then this decision by the immigration office has a blocking effect for all other residence permits. This means even if you have archieved a legitimate claim for a residence permit for some other reason in the meantime, the refusal of asylum closes this door. You can not simply change your reason to stay ("One does not simply walk into Modor") and so you must go back to start (country of your origin).

Dan D is offline   Reply With Quote