View Single Post
Old 12-15-15, 07:05 AM   #3463
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolov View Post
I can't understand, I started my campaign with Enviroment mod by V_Clear using JSGME, now i turned off this mod and the water become is grey. ANother thing, that i ended first patrol in Kiel and can't get a mission (even in Baltic area)
That's okay.

Dynamic Environment, which is ipart of TWoS, will give you a green-grey water colour (approximately as seen in Das Boot) in the Baltic, in the Arctic Sea around the coasts of Norway, in North Sea and Atlantic Ocean around the coasts of UK, and in a few other spots on the world map. This is to mimic the upwelling phenomenon really happening in the areas listed above.

Once you get in open waters, seawater will turn deep ocean blue. There are more colours than the two mentioned above though: electric blue for circumpolar areas, turquoise for the Mediterranean, emerald green for equatorial areas, etc, and indeed each area has different colour shades depending on time of the day and weather conditions.

In any case, should you hate the greyish water effect you can turn it off by enabling one of the "no murky waters" addons of Dynamic Environment on top of The Wolves of Steel .

Last edited by gap; 12-15-15 at 07:10 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote