Old 12-14-15, 03:16 PM   #2109
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielstick View Post
Jimbuna,

How's your lad getting on? Is he still at sea? Did he get his Chief Mate's ticket?

I was back in South Shields at the end of 2013 for my Chief Engineer's ticket. The marine school had gone downhill quite a bit since I was last there doing my Second Engineer's ticket in 2010. Last month I did a course in Glasgow with a guy who works for BP, just done his Second's at Shields and says the last of the good engineering lecturers (including the guy who was holding it all together) have all recently quit. Sad to see the college in decline... I've got many happy memories of my time there as a cadet.,
He passed his Chief Mates ticket last November or December (not sure which month precisely) and was lucky to move into a vacant slot first trip back. He needs a years sea time before he can go for his Masters (I think that is the time requirement).

He joined his ship (Eurodam) at Fort Lauderdale last Sunday and she is now in dry dock at Lucaya, The Bahamas.

Sad to learn things are so bad at the college up the road and will inform James when he next rings home.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote