View Single Post
Old 12-13-15, 01:17 PM   #504
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You are just not correctly informed, and German media indeed have started a campaign on that, spreading a total misinterpretation of what Akif Pirincci actually has said and they did so by my most favourite rethoric overkill trick: quoting out of context. Oh how well I know this trick. If I would have gotten a dollar every time it was tried on me, I would be able to buy a new bicycle . An expensive one.

I am no fan of Pirincci, for reasons that do not belong here, however, the full quote is going like this:

"Offenkundig scheint man bei der Macht die Angst und den Respekt vor dem eigenen Volk so restlos abgelegt zu haben, dass man ihm schulterzuckend die Ausreise empfehlen kann, wenn er gefälligst nicht pariert. Es gäbe natürlich andere Alternativen, aber die KZ sind ja derzeit außer Betrieb.“

Translation: Obviously those in power have lost any fear and concern of the people , that with a shouldershrug now one can even recommend all Germans (objecting the indiscrimated mass migration into Germany, Skybird) to simply leave Germany themselves, if they do not want to obey as they should. There could be another alternative, of course, but unfortunately the KZs are offline currently.

An aggressive rethoric by the man, no doubt, but one that is typical for him.

This quote stands in a context. Pirincci at this part of his speech referred to an event from Octobre 14th 2015, when the Regierungspräsdident (governing president) of the city of Kassel, Walther Lübke, a CDU man, used a public assembly to tell the public and journalists that germans who disagree with Merkel's policy to let in everybody who wants to come, are free and would not be hinderd to leave Germany once and forever.
Ah, well, that makes sense. Yes, I can understand the twisted and subjective quoting problem...heck, sometimes I have done it myself, it's just too easy to refuse when you want to try to score a quick point.
One must admire the irony though, of a group of people feeling intimidated by another group of people, so they seek to return the favour. Intimidation following intimidation, and eventually that intimidation will turn to violence.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, as a wise man once said.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote