View Single Post
Old 12-10-15, 09:26 PM   #3346
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Tomorrow I will try making the new platforms collisionable, though it might be impossibe while keeping gun functionality unaltered
Okay, putting back a StaticObject controller on platform's collision mesh was the solution. Now the V-platform that our bunker is currently equipped with, is fully collisionable.

While the platforms were terrain objects, the said controller prevented adjoining coastal defenses from using their guns, but now that the platforms are an equipment of the bunker unit, no adverse effects can be noticed. Had I used the usual collision spheres instead, I am almost sure bunker's gun would have stopped working, as those spheres tell unit's AI that an obstacle is close, and stop regular routines in favour of collision avoidance routines.

Tomorrow I will update all the platforms available so far with sim file and StaticObject controller, and I will improve their collision mesh so that it will match better visible meshe's shape. Your task will be testing my changes with TDW's seabottom patch, and making the usual ballistic tests against the bunker, for excluding any possible adverse side effects

gap off
gap is offline   Reply With Quote