View Single Post
Old 12-07-15, 09:12 AM   #356
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphos View Post
Okay. Thanks. The problem is I found this list of suggested Webster mods somewhere, but not the order of them, and I'm not sure what each of them do. I'm checking the readme's. I'm thinking of the following, given the feedback above. Does this sound about right?

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
GFO Snorkel Name Change
Webster's New Sonar view
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton

Remove Grain Effect
SCAF for SH 1.5
Metric Nomographs
MaxOptics IV

If I am installing, and some of the later ones want to rewrite some of the earlier ones, I guess I'll just leave them out, maybe.
only these are my mods and the name pretty much tells you everything about them, I tried to keep my mod names self explanatory.

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1 - well too much to describe so read the read me to see what all it does.

GFO Snorkel Name Change - used only when playing german side so the wording is correctly saying "snorkel" when the snorkel is used. its just for immersion since the snorkel doesn't actually work to reduce co2 levels in the game. you don't want to use it for the American side because then its called your radar and you don't want to raise the radar and have the screen say "raising snorkel"

Webster's New Sonar view - centers your view of the sonar where the game normally has you standing off to the side of it.

Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton - removes the green floating stuff so you have a clearer underwater view of the sub.

when you read the first post in this thread, you should take note that you need to add two mods to correct some errors with it. the two mods you need to add are my orders bar menu mod and tambor198 mission pack for stock game.

the orders bar is needed because it was left out when I updated GFO

the tambor198 missions pack mod was made because there were some older missions designed for v1.4 of the game that caused CTD issues with GFO so those missions were updated to correct those errors and work correctly

as to the rest:

Remove Grain Effect
SCAF for SH 1.5
Metric Nomographs
MaxOptics IV

you will just have to test them out to see if they still work correctly

GFO was designed to be very mod friendly in that most any mod can safely be used with it (other then another super mod) and the worst that may happen, is some added fix in GFO will simply be undone by an added mod with no real negative side effects, at least none that I am aware of.

naturally it depends on what an added mod does to the game. see what a mod you want to add does, then see what GFO does to the same aspect of the game. an example is the optics mod, naturally if you add this mod it will undo the GFO corrected zoom levels and implements its own.

likewise follow this example to get an idea what a mod may disable in GFO but I don't see anything that should prevent using any mod you want and you will have to decide if it changes the game in any noticeable way you don't like by testing it.

Last edited by Webster; 12-07-15 at 09:31 AM.