View Single Post
Old 10-22-15, 06:26 AM   #1129
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

22nd October 1915

Eastern Front

Germans advance west Chartorysk and capture Kolki.

Southern Front

Austrians take Shabats (north-west Serbia), and Bulgars Uskub (south Serbia); former cross Drina (Herzegovina).

Naval and Overseas Operations

Russian landing party beats off Germans near Domesnes (G. of Riga) and captures stores.

Political etc.

King George of Britain makes a plea asking for more recruits. “More and yet more wanted to keep my armies in the field.”

King Albert of Belgium writes to the Pope that he will never lay down his sword while his country is “in slavery.”

The 500th anniversary of the establishment of House of Hohenzollern’s rule over Brandenburg is celebrated.

Ship Losses:

Cissie ( Norway): The barque collided with another vessel in the English Channel off the Isle of Wight and sank with the loss of seven of her 22 crew.
HMT Lord Denman ( Royal Navy): The naval trawler was lost in the Arctic Sea on this date.
HMT Scott ( Royal Navy): The naval trawler struck a mine and sank in the Thames Estuary off the Tongue Lightship ( United Kingdom) with the loss of three of her crew.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote