View Single Post
Old 10-19-15, 08:49 PM   #15
CybrSlydr
Lieutenant

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

I've played a LOT of this game - I was involved in the Beta weekends back in February.

At best, I give this game 6.5/10 - it's waaaay too simplistic and "press HE to win" for my tastes.

They wantonly eschew history for their own reasons, which are never explained (for instance, Warpsite has one of the longest confirmed salvo hits in the history of naval artillery warfare, yet has one of the shortest ranges of battleships in game, the Iowa AA outfit was physically changed in order to nerf it rather than just adjust the AA values - so now the ship doesn't look historically correct let alone the fact that WG dropped the year dates on ships in an effort to make it so they could slap whatever they wanted on the ships and say it's ok because it's not representative of an actual hull, etc).

The historical travesty taking place in this game is obscene - when a Tier 6 Cleveland with 152mm cannons can use High Explosive shells and their high RoF against a Battleship, and the HE shells function like incendiary/napalm, to set a Battleship on fire and literally burn it down before the Battleship can get off two salvos - let ALONE if the Random Number Generator (RNGesus) decides if your shells will hit where you aim or magically fly in physics-defying directions - OR overpen and do no damage... It's obscene.

That's the only word for it.

For now, I play it a few times a week, but I refuse to spend any more money on it. It's bull****.