View Single Post
Old 08-28-15, 12:55 PM   #224
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
But it's much, much worse than we thought and there is so much that we don't know yet. You may be able to fix those items Microsoft has given us switches for, but their EULA makes it crystal clear that switching them off is no protection. Microsoft claims the right to every piece of programming or information you have in your unshared private folders anywhere on your computer, and reserves the right to collect, preserve and distribute any of it as they see fit.

From the EULA: "We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your e-mails, other private communications, or files in private folders) when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"

There is much more, but that is all you need to know: that they boldly and openly remove all rights to your personal property when you consent to use Windows 10. This is not only not wise but it is illegal in the EU and probably in the US as well, as they have some obligation to protect the privacy rights of people who cannot protect themselves. The only good thing you can say about Microsoft is that their EULA, which nobody will read, is open, clear and non-legalistic about telling you that the cost of using Windows 10 is that everything about you is fair game and can be kept forever for any use to which Microsoft or any "partners" see fit.

You will notice that they don't say that they have those rights unless you opt out with the privacy options. You give them those rights ANYWAY. There is a reason for that and it's not in your best interest. It's a stark and boldly naked admission that after you shut down all the privacy options they will still have access to everything and reserve the right to use it as they see fit. You have no remaining ownership rights to your computer.

People should take a permanent pass on Windows 10 no matter how "wonderful" it seems because the price far outweighs any personal benefit from using it. It is a Trojan horse, all glittery and pretty as a lure for you to voluntarily give them your personal property so they can profit from your efforts and you get nothing good in return.

Here is the thing RR, I don't care. My information has been mined since my very first Windows 98 Acer 550 Monster. I can find everything about me by a simple google of my name. Places I lived, family members and places of employment.

There is nothing on my computer or digital life that MS can profit from.

If this new OS does not appeal to the user because of privacy issues then stay with the OS that works best. But, MS already has a lot on their users already. I don't think MS will get much more on me other than my obituaries one day.