View Single Post
Old 08-11-15, 04:29 PM   #1209
goodpoints
Watch

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
I doubt this is really fixable. Without there being a specific connection between shell hits and the damage 'decals', I don't see how this could be done. You could probably make it so there are more holes popping up, but there still wouldn't be a 1 to 1 relationship.
Hmm. Does the game only track HP loss to a compartment but not where exactly on that compartment hits land, or something similar? Torpedo hit visual seem to be pretty faithful though, so it seems like there is some specific tracking of impact location there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
That could be so. I've had torpedoed ships recover rather quickly on occasion, but I don't know how, or if, it could be fixed.
It seems like ships generally slow down after torp hits but I think it might be related to the amount of flooding rather than any tracking of engine damage. Take this ship I sunk today:

2 torp detonations directly astern, yet the ship maintains ~6 knots until the stern goes fully under, I still hear prop rotation in proximity and on the hydro, as well as see the normal prop splash on the surface.

Some other things I noticed today:

The fore-mounted 3" deck gun upgrade seems to be partly nonfunctional on at least the Sargo and Gato classes. On the Sargo, the crew management page shows a crew section for aft gun as well as fore gun (though obviously there should be only 1) but both are blank with no crew slots and the Gato shows no deck gun section at all. Though, with both classes I am still able to manually operate the gun. The manual shows that upgrade available for all fleet boats in March 42 and in both cases I purchased the upgrade after March.

Often when I look through the binoculars at a ship I see this yellow triangle somewhere in the field of view (always on the water though):

It might happen with the TBT, I can't recall offhand, but it definitely happens somewhat often with the binoculars, both during the day and night. I've seen it appear at longer ranges too. I've disabled all mods but RFB 2.0 + patch, so I think it's probably related to RFB. Anyone else seen this?
goodpoints is offline   Reply With Quote