View Single Post
Old 06-15-15, 08:54 PM   #97
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Default Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english

G'day Shaefer, just thought I would mention this mod that I use. It's a speech recognition program that slots right in with the TWoS mod. It adds the next level of immersion to the game without a doubt. Just hide the UI and no more need for the 21st century jet fighter pilot HUD to tell you everything... you then actually have to go look at the gauges throughout the boat or listen to crew callouts etc for your information like real life WW2 Kaleuns had to. Then all the gauges and verbal information actually become useful and not just pretty visual or aural decorations! Once you have it up and running, the only time you have to touch the keyboard is if you want to walk around the boat, otherwise you can just say what station you want to teleport to.

You can basically do away with having the UI visible at all except for the 2D nav map. Every command that is available using the UI has in most cases dozens of different ways to say each thing. Things like setting torpedoes and inputting target data into the TDC are extremely accurate. No more jumping back and forth trying to get the AOB or target range etc dialled up (albeit) roughly...just tell the XO and the exact information is quickly input! So much more immersive during a surface attack to call down through the conning tower hatch to the crewman below setting the TDC..."set angle on bow to 62°...port, target speed is 10 knots...range is 1150 meters" while you look through the (absolutely bare) UZO or binocular view and order, "flood tube 1" and when you're ready to fire, you just yell, "tube 1....LOS!!"

It's not too hard to set up....just do the normal Windows Speech Recognition training so that your computer recognises your particular way of speaking and that's about it! The more you use it, the better trained and accurate the program becomes. Just install with JSGME last...it doesn't overwrite anything. It is irrelevant what keyboard layout or key mapping you may have because everything is done using scripts.

Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3085

Slightly off topic...regarding the Ship Recognition Manual, the filters at the bottom (bow shape, number of funnels, position and quantity of islands etc) make it quick to narrow down the options for an accurate I.D of the ship.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Last edited by kevinsue; 06-15-15 at 10:07 PM.
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote