View Single Post
Old 06-12-15, 11:42 AM   #52
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Default How to remove the 'free upgrade to Win10' icon

Yes, Great list.... I didn't have the problems with Win ME that I read about so I liked it, liked Win XP, and now I like and have Win7. Just didn't like the look of the Win8.x, so I am a Win7 devotee, and not the only one... lol

I was surprised this wasn't a topic on how to remove the annoying 'free upgrade to Win10' icon in the task bar right side 'tray'. It took a few of us a day or two to figure that one out... not just me.

To remove it, I uninstalled the Update that installed the nagware, hid the update on 'Windows Update' so it wouldn't come back, plus did the same with any of the 'prepare your computer for Win10' updates... (I think there were two).

Win10 does look like a lot better OS, however keeping things in 'the cloud' instead of on my hard drive is a concept I'm not sure I like - yet - because of Privacy issues.

Who knows if my Programs & 'Games will work with Win 10... that's important as Fitzcarraldo and others have mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Dear comrades:

Today (June 12-2015), I received the "icon" with the link for the reserve of the free update to Windows 10. I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

29th July will be the day for the download.

What about our dear subsims? Some idea about the correct work of SH3, SH4, SH5, DW, etc....under the new OS? Convenient or not?

Being free, it is interesting to upgrade to W10, but if after that I can not run my dears subsims (and others programs I bought as Acrobat, Photoshop, etc; or freewares as WinRAR, etc)....my fury will be colossal.

Waiting comments, please!!!

All the best.

Fitzcarraldo

Last edited by aanker; 06-12-15 at 11:51 AM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote