View Single Post
Old 06-07-15, 05:56 PM   #1947
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflCopter4 View Post
Fair enough. I suppose I like to feel like I am using a type IX sometimes. Is there any way you can think of for me to know even more definitively than this which gun I have? Is there any way to force one or the other?

Er, I don't recall the name, but it was a Polish tanker. One of the ones you run into at the start of the campaign outside of Danzig.
Remember that old saying, "it's not how big it is, but how you use it!" Sometimes we focus on the little things and forget to look at the big picture to see how good it really is....later in the war the deck gun was removed altogether in most instances in favour of another flack gun.

If I'm going to deck gun a target, I usually get in real close for a running fight...say 100 meters at most while manning the flack gun, just in case you have to suppress any small automatic weapons they may have, before allowing the deck gun crew to fire HE shells initially, to light the fires. That way they hardly ever miss a shot so there is no ammo wasted drilling holes in the ocean.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote