View Single Post
Old 05-25-15, 08:22 AM   #38
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred861
Well, if you're interested in farming out some of the messages stuff, I can try a few sections myself. Being a football fan (American, not that soccer crud) I can look for NFL and CFB scores from that period.
That would be great if you have the time!

Looks like there are other ideas coming from players too. Thanks guys!

===============

Quote:
Originally Posted by avers
Hey guys, I have a small idea, I don't like the three battleship wrecks in Pearl, I think they should either be removed entirely or removed after a certain amount of time after Pearl Harbour, or redone.
I think this may be able to be done. I've not looked into the specific Harbor files yet, but if I'm going to make a pre war start.....Pearl is going to have a "face lift" regarding its Harbor look and make-up of assets positioned there. And, if my plan is to have the Pearl Harbor Attack Mission, there will definitively be some changes done.

However, you should note, the damage done to Battle Ship Row was never completely cleaned up. Especially during the war. The Oklahoma is the BB capsized during the attack. She wasn't righted until November 1943, yet never used for the remainder of the war. I don't know where they put her, but it wasn't until 1947 did the Navy think they could tow her back to the mainland. It was during that tow she capsized again and sunk...this time for good. Of course the Arizona was never moved. So, to remove all the damaged ships in Pearl would not be the thing to do.

The more I think about it, especially on this Memorial Day, I'm likely to leave the Harbor just as it is after December 7th.

Good Memorial Day to you all!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote