View Single Post
Old 05-15-15, 11:15 AM   #760
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Calculated PR: It all comes together...in the front seat...in California!

1930; Registered nurse Ellen Church becomes the first airline stewardess on board the Oakland CA flight to Chicago for Boeing Air transport in a calculated effort to make commercial flight 'look' safer! 1940: Dupont began selling nylon stockings nationally. AND: the first McDonald's Restaurant opened in San Bernardino. This mysteriously all came to weird fruition some 37 years later in my beloved '76 Honda CVCC (with McPhearson strut suspension) .....

My first wheels! I replaced everything on it at least once in 400,000 miles!
when my fan belt died on a trek to the damned inlaws. Nonplussed, I McIvered a pair of my 'first lady's' panty hose onto the pullys and limped it for a hundred miles. We pulled into McDonald's enroute-feeding the first lady is vital on long treks (and McD's generally has acceptable( to fussy ladies) rest rooms to boot). Whereupon, she fulfilled her Church-like stewardess function and administered coffee and french-fries to me, as needed, behind the wheel as I drove down the road. (There were no fancy cupholder consoles in them-thar dazs)ACHTUNG: Impromtu McIver style first-aid in the good old days: Get's you home again!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote