View Single Post
Old 03-03-15, 10:21 PM   #147
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

So far as your movement is concerned, it doesn't matter what direction the wind comes from. The waves do not change their orientation or direction, nor does the wind have any drag effect on your boat.

If you take an external cam to the side of your boat, and watch for awhile, you will see waves moving toward you at times, and moving the opposite way at others, in the same time frame. The weather model certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

However, with I've made the wave effects such that they will slow you down quite a bit when the weather gets rough. I like this a lot, as it forces you to think seriously about patrol time, speed, fuel reserves, and things like that.

BUT, the wave effects largely disappear, if you go above 32x. I would prefer to have the option of playing at 64x, or even 128x, but the game takes shortcuts above 32x, and your speed rockets upward going from 32x to 64x. It is almost like a sci-fi movie where you are jumping into hyperspace, and are no longer subject to the laws of physics. AFAIK, there is nothing that can be done about this.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote