View Single Post
Old 02-08-15, 11:45 AM   #27
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
Having made some quick experiments today it seems I can't get any responses from the system if I change scene.dat.

However changing envsim.act had a positive change. When trying h.sie's Weather Fix Yoriyn Edition I had one weather change in 48 hours of x1024-x2048 TC.

The biggest change I was able to achieve by editing the campaignxxxx.mis files.

FogRand=1
Clouds=0
CloudsRand=1
Precip=0
PrecipRand=1
WindHeading=5
WindSpeed=5.000000
WindRand=1
WeatherRndInterval=2

These values brought several weather changes in 48 hours. I've yet to try this setup in a x128 TC patrol, though. It could be that these values don't work in a real test.

If someone else wants to fiddle with their setups, here's the rest of the testing info that has an effect on weather:

- NYGM
- h.sie v16b
- Stiebler 4C (and its envsim.act)
- campaign patrol
- testing area Bay of Biscay
- TC 1024 - 2048 used (not sure if this has an effect)

I'll keep a war diary on my next patrol, and will check weather every four hours. I'll release the war diary in the Tell us what... thread, and you can then read yourselves about the experiment. I'm not too hopeful, as weather has always been one of SH3's biggest flaws. (If one reads the KTB's of the real U-boats the weather is always a little bit different every time they record it to the KTB - and I for one would love to have real storms, but apparently the game engine can't take it.)
If it works at high TC, then intuitively I'd expect it to work as well or better at lower values. I'll be eager to see how your test turns out.

It's been said on this forum that weather change is tested every 3 hours. If you make an observation every 4 hours, you will be out of sync and could potentially miss a lot of changes. Maybe every 3 or 6?

Good luck. I hope your approach works.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote