View Single Post
Old 01-29-15, 02:55 PM   #4737
Benti
Seaman

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

USS Trout, 9th Patrol in early 1943 close to the salomons.

Again I have to praise the good mods for SH 4. I added the traveller mod to my already existing game with TMO and RSRD.

I was patroling close to the salomon Islands and was surprised by two H6Ks, the odd thing about it was that, after I immediately started to order the crash dive and cancelled the order because the approach way of these bombers seemed to be kind of weird or lets say different. They didnt dive from above but instead they approached the sub on a 90° angle on my port side. So I grabed my binoculars and watched the aproaching planes. (I know way too curious, but I just started with SH 4 and I am eager to experience the good and bad things :P)
So as the planes were about 2000 yards away from the good ol trout, I ordered my watchmen to man the deckguns and start blazing. A few hits were seen, but the aircraft didn't stop their approach, instead I watched in horror that they launched torpedos!! I am on the one hand shocked and on the other amazed about this awesome feature! I was able to dodge them and dive down after this. So I wasn't sunk but I won't try that again!

benti