View Single Post
Old 01-22-15, 07:26 AM   #1100
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
The D/F aerial and the flags, already have this command in StateMachineClass orders, this trick is only for the radars.

For what, is this command?
"Set_depth". Whatever that is and whatever it does. I don't know it and don't use it (obviously!), but it was included in the Condition list in DF_ANT.dat, so I included it for completeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@BigWalleye:
Be careful for what you wish!

These kind of commands work well with the radar antenna, but if you apply them to the D/F aerial and to the flag, you receive a double reply "Yes, Sir"/"Yes,Sir" whenever you dive, while changes of depth with "D","C","P" or ";" once submerged cause the irritating message "Watch station not manned".

Stiebler.
That last point is certainly true for the ensign, which is linked to the WO. But the DF and Radar antennas are linked to the RA, which should be manned when submerged. As for the double response, I haven't see (heard!) it. I don't think the RA has voice responses for commands.

BTW, I want all antennas safely stowed during gun actions, either flak or deck cannon. Neither radar nor DF is of any use with guns that only fire open sights. So I have both antennas rigged to retract when either gun is manned. When I order the guns to be manned, I get the response from the WO "Jawohl. Herr Kaleun" but only once. I control the DF antenna with DF_ANT.dat, but the radar with a command chain. The double response would drive me nuts, but I haven't encountered it so far. When I secure the guns with the "Watch_crew" command, the DF begins sweeping automatically, but I insist that radar activation be under my direct command. Again, just a single response from the WO.

EDIT: I have done some further checking and I have no idea where the "SHIFT-DEL" keybinding for the command "Set_depth" came from. "Set_depth" is Cmd190, and in every version of Commands_en.cfg that I have looked at, that command is not assigned a keybinding. The version of Commands_en.cfg that I actually use is a gemisch of lots of different versions, as this file is one of the biggest causes of mod conflicts. But none of them has "Set_depth" bound. Anyone recognise this one?

Last edited by BigWalleye; 01-22-15 at 08:13 AM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote