TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashkakuhta View Post
I'm got an a suggestion: direct control of submarine crew
You can select any crewman and control him using WASD or arrow keys,
when selected crewman are coming close to some object (Control panel for example), the list of available actions will pop up.

For an examlpe, when the selected crewman coming close to reactors control panel, available actions will be open the control panel interface, see what components of panel are damaged, or repair it
That's a very interesting idea, I'll definitely put it on the list of things to try. It would certainly make difficult tasks like repairing the reactors easier. It could be interesting as a multiplayer game mode too... maybe one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanwek View Post
2 questions, how do i turn the periscope, and is there a way to get rid of the dead bodies? a fire broke out in the torpedo room, and one of the crew members wasn't so lucky...
In Sub Commander, the periscope basically shows a map of everything surrounding your submarine in a radius of several nautical miles... imagine the crewman is constantly turning the periscope and reporting what he sees. So you can't actually manually turn the periscope, because it is unnecessary.

Early versions of the game had a very primitive 3D view through the periscope, but it was not very useful and it looked pretty bad so I replaced it with the 2D birds eye view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigulp View Post
Hello, been enjoying this great game for a while. Recently went to try make my own custom sub, unfortunately I have been getting an illegal memory address error when ever I try to launch sub viewer. I'm not sure what other details I can give to help with this bug report. I looked around for solutions but wasn't able to find any that worked. Thank you for the effort and excellent game.
Welcome! That error usually means that the program was unable to open or read one of the files it requires. In the case of the sub viewer, this means it could not read either:
  • sub.sub
  • objects.ini
  • systems.ini
  • areas.ini
Make sure all four of these files are in the same directory as sub_viewer.exe. The sub.sub file is created by the sub editor when you make a sub, all of the others should be copied from an existing submarine (the default one, for example).

If the sub viewer still crashes with all four files present, please email me the sub.sub file you created (subcommandergame@gmail.com) and I'll take a look.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote