View Single Post
Old 01-03-15, 11:31 AM   #25
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I don't know about anyone else, but my problem's solved. I did a huge amount of online research. This new PC has a 2-Gb super-duper Nvidia graphics card, so it should be wonderful. There was a new driver available, so I downloaded and installed it. Nothing. Then I got to reading about choosing between onboard graphics and the dedicated card. Somebody suggested disabling the onboard graphics. I tried that, and my monitor quit working! I opened the laptop to reboot the computer to see if that would bring it back, and fortunately for me the laptop's own screen was still functioning, so I was able to turn the onboard graphics back on.

Some more research led me to several sites, and one of them talked about how to make the Nvidia card the default graphics processor. It wasn't already? That's silly. You have to do it from the Nvidia Control Panel. Where's that? It took an hour of research and yet another website to even find it. Why don't they tell you these things in the User Guide that comes built into the programs? Then it got more complicated because the list on my PC doesn't look like the one the helpful guy showed. After some more looking around I finally noticed that they put a little clicky button right near the top that said "Set Default Graphics Processor". I clicked it and sure enough it gave me a choice. Yay!

So I booted up SH3 again and...PROBLEM SOLVED!

Now I can move on to the next problem. I'm sure there will be one soon enough.