View Single Post
Old 12-31-14, 08:05 PM   #10
CapnZero
Nub

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default Noob guide

Glad to see a newer player than I joining the group!

You should be able to find a video called Legions SH4 Noob Guide. It is quite good and about 20 minutes in length covering exactly that subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutzthedeal View Post
Hey guys. I'm ex-USAF and know nothing about what happens underwater. I've been searching YouTube and this forum and I think I might need some real hand-holding here for SH4.

The only concept I've even begun to understand about SH4 is intercepting. I watch these videos and read these guides and they say things like, "Then, get your range," or they pop out a compass or protractor and my thoughts are, "Wait, wait, and wait. Hold on. What are we doing here?" While I generally trust anybody named Werner when it comes to naval advice, I couldn't get his videos to load. If sub sim knowledge was on a 1 to 100 scale with 100 representing somebody who knows absolutely everything, I'm like a 3. The videos and guides I'm seeing seem to be starting around 15 or above. Go easy on me; I was an English major and math is not my friend. All help is appreciated! Where would you send an uber-noob? It was a miracle that I got through the convoy mission in sub school on the 2nd try because I had no effing idea what I was doing. Last time I played a sub sim was like 1996 on an old Commodore and all I remember is Russians and wired Mark torpedoes.
CapnZero is offline   Reply With Quote