View Single Post
Old 12-01-14, 06:46 PM   #130
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I just uploaded v 2.15 of ISP - HERE.

The changes are limited to tweaking the scene.dat file to obtain better weather, and correction of typos I found.

The typos included the already mentioned Kuma-class CL and one in the LR drag of the Salmon.

The waves I worked quite a bit on to make the waves' effects severe at the upper end, but moderate below 13 m/s.

In the stock file, the waves are in four brackets defined at 0, 5, 10, and 15 m/s. I tried adding two more brackets, but the game just ignores the extra parts. I changed the points to 1, 5, 13, and 15. This allowed me to have very severe waves at 15, but normal characteristics below 13. I also manipulated some of the other values to produce as much slowing as I could get by with, without unwarranted side effects, or resorting to overly high waves. The max wave height was reduced, as well.

After all this, I ran a 24 hour test of a convoy of Japanese ships in 13 m/s waves to make sure they were ok.

At 15 m/s a 4 hour test gave the following figures (TC 32x):
S-18

6.2 kn. at flank
5.1 kn. at '10'

Tambor

9.5 kn. at flank
6.2 kn. at '10'

This version is interchangeable with the previous v2.1, as no crew roster/ability elements have been changed.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote