View Single Post
Old 11-19-14, 09:33 PM   #2208
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moha14881 View Post
I'm getting way too few radio contacts and all on land and presumed stationary! Also any ideas about tenacious zigzagging mechants and DDs.
You don't get many radio contacts with RSRD until later war, seems a lot more late 43 and 44. You will get many for battles. Most just give a speed or a heading, but you'll get several with more details, like later war you'll get many message of convoys coming through the Formosa Straits, you can't miss them.

A good tactic is to try to take this info and if times allow catch them in a bottleneck such as a strait. Often you'll get a message a convoy is headed for a certain port, so just try to wait outside the entry of that port...

Now if you know history and want to cheat with that knowledge, you can be at a spot beforehand and just wait.

As Torp said the constant helming is coded, but it simply means they know you're there and are alerted. However, they really don't change course, just helm and usually slow down, so the main thing is use the info of the base course they were traveling before in your set up and shoot a spread.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote